Episode 6 - Sex
What is SESTA, how is it bad for sex workers and for free speech? In “Sex” we interview OpenPrivacy Director Sarah Jamie Lewis about the details on this dangerous law. Plus discussions on the world of internet connected sex toys and ‘deep fakes’. How is the creepy porn technology having impacts on the nature of truth and politics?
- Craigslist has banned personal ads thanks to a new trafficking law — here's why sex workers say it could put them in huge danger.
- Mistress Matisse on the dreadful SESTA/FOSTA bill, the Savage Lovecast.
- How Congress Censored the Internet.
- After Craigslist personals go dark, sex workers fear what's next.
- Internet-connected vibrators can be remotely hacked and controlled.
- Queer Privacy: Essays from the margins of society.
- Pornhub Says Digitally Generated 'Deepfakes' Are Non-Consensual and It Will Remove Them.
- Is it legal to swap someone’s face into porn without consent?
Donation Suggestions: Pace Society, a Vancouver based charity working by with and for sex workers.
Available on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/intersection-of-things/id1355495484?mt=2