Episode 8 - Pride
How is YouTube censoring trans creators? What’s up with gay dating apps and the concept of anonymity? What is ‘homo-nationalism’ and how are the military and spy agencies encouraging it, despite their past? Our #Pride episode is bursting with knowledge as we talk all things being Queer on the Internet.
There’s a lot of room for our joy too, when we geek out over Queer Eye, Hannah Gadsby, Steven Universe, Sense8, the Getting Curious podcast, and how the web made possible the queer representation that’s making our lives better. Plus: Facebook’s real name policies, pronouns, rainbow-washing and Victorian lesbians.
- Pride Month: Youtube Is Demonetising LGBTQ+ Videos And Harming Careers.
- My channel is going to be deleted.
- Internet Creators Guild Podcast, Episode 23, Hannah Hart.
- Grindr: Here’s What You Should Know Regarding Your Hiv Status Data.
- The Canadian War On Queers: National Security As Sexual Regulation.
- Grindr Was A Safe Space For Gay Men. Its Hiv Status Leak Betrayed Us.
- GCHQ spymasters advertise for gay codebreakers 60yrs after Alan Turing was hounded to death over homosexuality.
- The Hypocrisy of Homonationalism & Pinkwashing.
- Epic Gallery: 150 Years Of Lesbians And Other Lady-Loving-Ladies.
- CCTV and the 2010 Vancouver Games: Spatial Tactics and Political Strategies.
- Facebook’s Pride Rainbows Don’t Extend to Trans People’s Names.
Available on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/intersection-of-things/id1355495484?mt=2